Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help finding a lapel pin
Hey everybody, been away from the forum for awhile (all my activity is gone, but my membership is still active).

I have a small problem and thought I'd turn to TL for some help from fellow Marines.  I was medically retired way back when, after an IED got us in Iraq and I was wounded.  When I received the retirement documentation, I was also given a "U.S. Marine Corps retired" lapel pin, for civilian wear on certain occasions.  That thing went to the cleaner with my suit jacket, and it's lost.

The thing about this specific lapel pin is that it was circular with a white border having gold lettering, and a PURPLE field/background behind a gold EGA.  

Everywhere I look online, the only USMC retired lapel pins I can find have a BLACK field/background.  I also called Awards Branch and the very nice Corporal I spoke to couldn't help me.

If anyone has any info regarding this specific type of retired lapel pin with a PURPLE field/background I would truly appreciate it, as I have exhausted every means I can think of trying to obtain a new one.

Thanks in advance guys
"That's a finger? ICK!! Gross!-President G.W. Bush, to me, Nov. 2004, NNMC Bethesda, 5th Floor
Just forget it.

Or you could just.. you know.. google that shit.

http://www.militaryvetspx.com/ofdirelapi.html
Just a dumb grunt.
(05-17-2017, 04:53 AM)Handicap Wrote: Just forget it.

Or you could just.. you know.. google that shit.

http://www.militaryvetspx.com/ofdirelapi.html

Yeah, except for no, you didn't read my post, Handicap.  THE link you provided does not have what I'm looking for. Thanks for being you pal
"That's a finger? ICK!! Gross!-President G.W. Bush, to me, Nov. 2004, NNMC Bethesda, 5th Floor
Found this on ebay, I cant tell if blue or purple on my monitor tho.
https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Lapel-Pin-Honorable-Discharge/dp/B007U7O5B6/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1495038236&sr=1-7&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=usmc+retired+lapel+pin
Oldwinger, thanks very much for your effort! The one I'm looking for said "retired". The field/background was the same shade of purple as the PH medal. The one you linked to looks blue to me. Very much appreciated that you took the time to try.
I went and ordered a pin off the site Handi linked to so I can pin it on for an event next week.
Is everyone supposed to get a pin at eas? I never did.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
(05-18-2017, 11:16 AM)Wongtastic Wrote: Is everyone supposed to get a pin at eas? I never did.

I still have mine, along with my roach clip...er, I mean tie clasp.
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(05-18-2017, 01:44 PM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 11:16 AM)Wongtastic Wrote: Is everyone supposed to get a pin at eas? I never did.

I still have mine, along with my roach clip...er, I mean tie clasp.

That's because you got a ruptured duck, because you weren't paid enough to afford civvies.

[Image: 150px-Ruptured_duck_pin.gif]
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Uh, yeah...no.
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(05-17-2017, 05:21 AM)MEAT Wrote: Yeah, except for no, you didn't read my post, Handicap.  THE link you provided does not have what I'm looking for. Thanks for being you pal

I did read your post.

I also didn't lose the one they gave me when I was medically retired.
Just a dumb grunt.