Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL Does Christmas/NYE
inb4 obligatory "hur dur yoss is a gay and I'm not paying money to do things because I hate fun and like to drink shitty beer in rundown motel rooms that remind me of the barracks"

I've been kicking around the idea of another trip for TL and diving this year, since it was a blast to go to Grand Cayman with NSF and attempt to cook with bacon and go diving.

Since I'm more involved with the tec diving now I would like to do some more training along those lines for me, and I'd like to do some teaching before the end of the calendar year.

Currently looking at either Grand Cayman or souf flolida. The keys would be nice, but Pompano/Deerfield seem to be pretty popular places for dive training (and significantly cheaper). Added bonus of being a much shorter drive.

Horribrad, Goody2Shoes, and Dutchess have expressed interest, and the more people on board the cheaper it gets per person. With enough lead time, I'm sure more of you will get on board and make demands and then bail at the first round of deposits.

The upside of FL is that you fuckers with warrants or fear of flying can just drive down, this also lets me haul gear and tanks and all that from my shop in NYC during the slow season.

My window for this trip is Dec. 18 through Jan. 3, which leaves plenty of time for folks to drift in and out for four days here or there if you can't do the whole deal. For those of you who want to get certified, it takes about two or three days depending on how dedicated you are. For those who would be carpooling, you can knock out the academics on the drive down, or for the penny pinchers who have time to spare, we can do the academics on site. Additional courses beyond open water or refresher are available, and can be done pretty much back to back with OW.

We have FL TLs like wong, austinjking, and HCT, so this could get into squad-sized shenanigans.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
If NSF wasn't PCSing so close to December, she would go.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
I actually work in Pompano.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Bueno.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
I'm popping to Phoenix for the weekend of Christmas, but I should be in town for some part of these shenanigans
Edit: PHX, not SEA

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/breakfast-sushi-roll/

This will be the official breakfast of TL flolida trip.

[Image: Breakfast-Sushi.jpg]
Well the one thing it has over the breakfast burrito is no shitty tortilla wrapper.

Oh of course you decide not dip bacon in Bailys and bread crumbs when I won't be there. I hope these people will fully appreciate their palatable bacon.

Strippers and ramen are required for any FL shenanigans

(08-21-2015, 07:58 PM)austinjking Wrote: Strippers and ramen are required for any FL shenanigans

This is true.

(08-21-2015, 08:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 07:58 PM)austinjking Wrote: Strippers and ramen are required for any FL shenanigans

This is true.

There really aren't very many strippers in Grand Cayman. I looked.
in totally down and I wouldn't mind treating y'all to dinner. 
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
WTF? Free food? I'm changing all plans and heading to FL.

Btw there's an all you can eat hot pot restaurant around Pompano that's bomb as hell. I'm pretty sure Austin can give an amen on the deliciousness of hot pot.

Yes, yes I can...

T$ was talking about coming out and bringing her hot cousins with her, but hasn't been forthcoming with more details.
(08-23-2015, 07:39 PM)Yossarian Wrote: T$ was talking about coming out and bringing her hot cousins with her, but hasn't been forthcoming with more details.

I heard they'll let you touch their boobies, under the Tshirt but over the bra. 

(08-23-2015, 07:57 PM)NSFgirl Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 07:39 PM)Yossarian Wrote: T$ was talking about coming out and bringing her hot cousins with her, but hasn't been forthcoming with more details.

I heard they'll let you touch their boobies, under the Tshirt but over the bra. 

[Image: tumblr_m3owmoz2J91qhnz07o1_500.gif]

Who for sure is up for this? I've found some places that are pretty cheap, and if it's split six ways over two weeks it's even cheaper.
And since the VA coughed up the money they owe me, I'm looking at these places more seriously.
If we get on board, I want to have the first round of deposits in by Columbus day so I can have the house(s) reserved and start ordering books and materials for whoever I'm teaching to dive, start addressing vehicle needs, shit like that.
Dude, two weeks? You want to be in town for two weeks?

If I could afford two whole weeks yeah but I'm a busy bee. I was thinking stopping by for a day or two.
Yeah, I was only planning to visit for a day or two as well.

Btw, if you're looking into renting a fishing boat I know a few guys who own their own. Could probably arrange for a trip where you just pay a little overhead on gas.

I've also got a friend who spear fishes without tanks that's always cool with people that are down for the same. Although his schedule would probably be on a Tuesday/Wednesday.

If Joe can do Christmas and Tim can do nye, why should schmuckatelli suffer? I'm expecting to get the place for two weeks, and hot swap TLs as you drift in and out. This way there's one central location and we're not house swapping every three days.

You local fucks can do wtfe you want- you wanna come up for an afternoon, or a week long orgy, that's on you. But it's easier to get people from whereever if they know the house is already there. Because y'all are a bunch of housebound cheapskates who seem to think a good time consists of renting a motel room and drinking a few cases of natty ice.
I'm a broke college student and my idea of a good time is a bottle of whisky and a body of water to fuck around in. Unless this is a tinder meet up in which case I'd swipe right yoss. But yeah I don't mind pitching in for my time there.
Since nobody wanted to roger up sufficiently and the houses got booked, I'm looking to go to Roatan instead.
Because for $700 r/t I can spend xmas somewhere warm and for $25/nt I can have a room two minutes from the dive shop, and for ~$300 I can do all the tec diving I can handle in a week.
I like to eat, so I suppose calling the whole thing $1600 is reasonable. Unless it's stupid expensive, then I'll just subsist on rice, beans, and compressed gases for the duration.

Planning on booking my flight today.